Friday, July 23, 2010

Quiet Time

It's late at night, and I'm not quite ready for bed. I am listening to silence.

There is nothing on tv. I have it turned on, but I pushed the mute button awhile ago.

I think it's good to sometimes sit in a quiet space with nothing going on. When it's quiet, it's kind of soothing, and alot better than channel surfing.

I keep wanting to write something, anything that I think people will read. My thoughts get jumbled, and I can't seem to work through them.

But, right now, there are no distractions, no desire to see what's on the tv. Let's face it, it's 1:30 AM, chances are pretty good that there's nothing on.

Besides, people have told me for years that I watch too much tv. I guess maybe they're right, but thankfully over the past couple of years I have discovered a love for reading and writing.

The love of reading isn't such a huge deal, because I read a little in school and stuff, but I didn't REALLY enjoy it, till now.

My love of writing is really huge for me, because until two years ago, I never thought I would write anything. But a friend of mine had an online blog, and I read some of her entries, and through that I thought I could do it too.

I enjoy doing my blog. I love that people like reading what I have to say, even if it deals with things they could care less about.

Writing has also helped me express emotions that I don't usually express, like anger and feeling depressed. Thankfully, these emotions don't show themselves very often, but when they do, I work through them by writing.

Several people have told me that I should write a book. I like hearing that, because it means they enjoy what they've read, but I'm not creative enough to write a book. I barely have enough brain power to write my blogs. Maybe if I write enough of them, I can get them published someday.

Wouldn't that be something?

1 comment:

  1. YES! It would be something... and you really should keep pressing on with this passion you have! I enjoy finding new things on FB or your blog!! The more you write, the more creative juices will flow... :-) I'm so glad to know you!!

    ReplyDelete